Daughters of the King is an international sisterhood of Christian women, with chapters in the Episcopal Church, Roman Catholic Church, and Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. The order was originally founded in New York in 1885.
The Chrestotes Chapter of the Order of the Daughters of the King was installed at St. Andrew's Church on February 11, 2007.
The purposes of the order are threefold:
Our members meet at least once a month for prayers and devotionals. We also share requests for prayer by phone and email throughout the Order.
In December 2007, the members of the chapter planned and executed an Advent Prayer Day for all the women of the parish, which was held at The Church of the Annunciation in Lewisville. The "Quiet Day" centered on prayer and meditations related to the meaning of the four candles on the Advent wreath.
To learn more about Daughters of the King, please contact Jan Waggoner.
See below for more information and news about the Chrestotes Chapter of the Order of the Daughters of the King.
Through the leadership of Daughter Bobby Chapman, the Chrestotes Chapter of the Order of the Daughters of the King (DOK) has a beautiful chapter banner.